Sunday, April 10, 2022

Class #2 - Romance












Good afternoon, everyone.

Reminders:

  • You need a gmail account; did you make one?
  • Record your user name and password somewhere so you don't forget it!


Today's activities:

  • Review characteristics of Action/Adventure
  • Check on Mission Impossible & Tomb Raider exercises from last week
  • Characteristics of Romance genre
  • Romance Movies slideshow
  • Roman Holiday, a famous romance movie
  • Beauty and the Beast listening exercise
  • Grammar exercise - Articles - A, An



Roman Holiday
Gregory Peck & Audrey Hepburn in 'Roman Holiday'

At the Mouth of Truth in Rome

About Roman Holiday

Roman Holiday is a 1953 American romantic comedy film directed and produced by William Wyler. It stars Gregory Peck as a reporter and Audrey Hepburn as a royal princess out to see Rome on her own. The movie is famous for featuring famous sightseeing spots in Rome, Italy such as Trevi Fountain and the Mouth of Truth. Hepburn won an Academy Award for Best Actress for her performance. 

From Wikipedia
ローマの休日は1953年アメリカのロマンチックなコメディ映画です。ウィリアム・ワイラーが製作・監督した。記者としてグレゴリーペックと王室の王女としてオードリーヘップバーンを主演イタリアのローマを表敬訪問した某国の王女と、彼女が滞在先から飛び出し一人でローマ市内に出て知り合った新聞記者との、切ない24時間の恋を描いている。トレビの泉や真実の口など、ローマの名だたる観光スポットを登場させていることでも有名である。 ヘップバーンはベスト女優のアカデミー賞を受賞しました。


** To do the EdPuzzle exercises on a smart phone, you need a smart phone app! (A PC doesn't require the app.)

EdPuzzle class code is: cajzagg


Clip #1




Beauty and the Beast listening exercise
Beauty and the Beast (2016) trailer / PDF / listening exercise

Grammar Exercise - Articles - A, An
Write "a", "an" or nothing in the blanks.

Make a comment in the comment box below. You can comment on ...
  • any romance movie
  • use your Gmail log-in; be sure to write your name in romaji at the end of your comment
  • your comment should be at least 4 sentences long
  • make your comment in a paragraph (don't use the Enter key after each sentence)

Here's an example of a good student comment from two years ago (but this one is about a Fantasy movie, not Action Adventure or Romance).











The Fault in Our Stars (2014) trailer



Brooklyn (2015) trailer


The Shape of Water (2017) trailer


Marry Me (2022) trailer




We will start a new speaking format today called Hot Seat.
  • Our first Hot Seat participants will be: Tomohiro, Rinka, Sho, Daichi M, Teru
Next week's Hot Seat names will be announced soon.

To Do List
1) Watch all trailers above. You can watch other Romance trailers too if you like.
2) Do the EdPuzzle exercises for Roman Holiday
3) Watch the Beauty and the Beast (2016) trailer and do the listening exercise
4) Write a blog comment about Romance movies
5) Be ready to tell me your Gmail address (in #6 below)
6) Do the A, An grammar exercise

21 comments:

  1. I think romance movies are better to watch. I think it's nice to have a romance movie that makes you feel like something you can't usually experience.I think a romance movie is a movie that makes you sad, laughs, and has various emotions. I think that kind of thing is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite romance movie is Rapunzel.
    Because Rapunzel is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't watch many romance movies, but the only ones I do watch are Disney romance movies. I saw the live action movie Aladdin. I liked the original live action movie song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like most Disney romance movies, especially Anna and the Snow Queen. I'm so excited about the upcoming Anna and the Snow Queen area at DisneySea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to watch the romance movie.Especially I like "Beauty and Beast".Its so surprise to meet each others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't watch romance movies very much, but I loved Aladdin so much that I watched it many times, so it's my favorite romance movie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like romance movies. Because there are things that portray love very beautifully and sometimes that have a sad ending.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I rarely watch romance movies. The reason is that I am not a fan of romantic movies and cartoon films because they exaggerate the world of romance and dreams, creating a sweeter worldview than necessary, which is far from reality. I prefer thrilling action movies to romantic movies.

    Ryoga Komine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like Romance movies. My favorite Romance movie is Titanic. The first reason is that I was impressed. The second reason is that Jack is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like romance movies. Because just watching the movie will fill your heart and make you feel happy. My life is also full of romance.
    Haruto fukuoka

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like watching romance movies.
    My favorite romance movies are “Love Rosie” and “Me Before You”. The protagonists of both films live towards their goals and are encouraged.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like romance movies. Just looking at it makes me feel excited and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like romance movies. Because, I can think that I feel the same as the actor. It's also an experience.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't watch romance movies, but I would like to see the movie Anna and the Snow Queen that became popular when I had time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't usually watch romance movies. The characteristics of romance movies are kissing and hugging scenes. The main content is romance between men and women.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like romance movie. My favorite romance movies is LA LA LAND.
    This is musical movie!! It's very interesting and fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sometimes I watched romance movie. I already watched movies was the shape of water. This move story was human women and different evolution human love story. First time I watched thinkers that story was strange for me. And I had never seen human and not human story. This move is very changed my love thing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My favorite romance movie is WALL・E. It's interesting that the love between robots, not humans.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like Beauty and the Beast the best in romance movie.
    The reason for this is that it is very moving and the music used in it is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. My favorite romance movie is Titanic. The reason is that the movie is famous all over the world and it's compellingly attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't watch romance movie.
    Because I like action movie better than romance movie.
    but, someday I want to watch ロマ movie.

    ReplyDelete