Sunday, April 3, 2022

Welcome to Kevin's Moviezemi 2022!

This is the Moviezemi blog for Kevin's Movie Seminar 2022.

moviezemi.blogspot.com

Welcome to the first class! How are you doing in this strange time of COVID-19? I hope you are staying healthy and keeping your older family members healthy. Let's try to maintain social distance, OK?

Kevin's Movie Seminar is a full year course (30 classes). 

As an introductory activity, I would like to know your favorite movie plus 2 reasons why you like the movie.

In this class, you will learn about movie genres and directors, watch movie clips, do grammar exercises, write and present. 


Today's movie genre is Action-Adventure.

As homework after today's class, please make a Google (Gmail) account. You can use your own email account or your Tsurumi University student account as the backup email address. A backup email address is useful for when you forget your gmail account password. Your password will be sent to your backup account if you request it. Please make a note of your mail address and password!

Please understand, you must have a Google account.

Action

Some Action-Adventure Trailers & Clips
No Time to Die (2020) - trailer; most recent James Bond movie; Daniel Craig's final Bond film!
John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum (2019); trailer, coming soon!
Mission Impossible: Fallout (2018); trailer; starring Tom Cruise
Tomb Raider (2018) trailer
Baby Driver (2017) intro scene
The Fate of the Furious (2017) trailer
John Wick; Chapter 2 (2017) trailer; starring Keanu Reeves
Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (2016); trailer; starring Tom Cruise
Spectre (2015) James Bond series; trailer
Mission Impossible 5: Rogue Nation (2015) trailer; starring Tom Cruise
Lucy (2014) trailer
John Wick (2014) trailer; starring Keanu Reeves
Skyfall (2012) James Bond series; trailer
Skyfall (2012) motorcycle chase scene
Rambo: First Blood (1982) - Rambo series trailer; starring Sylvester Stallone
Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) - Indiana Jones series trailer; starring Harrison Ford, directed by Steven Spielberg

Jame Bond Series 1962-Present; slideshow
Top 10 James Bond Moments from WatchMojo.com
The James Bond Series - article on Wikipedia

Parody (パロディー) of James Bond; Rowan Atkinson (Mr. Bean) as Johnny English:
Johnny English Strikes Again (2018) trailer

Watch 5 or more of the trailers above. Try to understand the genre "Action-Adventure"

Do the following listening exercises. *Type your answers carefully in the blanks on the Online Quizzes. 

Make a blog comment (you need a Gmail account for this) on this blog about Action-Adventure. Kevin's example is in the blog comment box below.

More stuff to do!

You need to work on your typing skills! This can only be done on a PC. Typing practice on a smart phone will not be useful. Typing Lessons at Typing.com

Grammar Review
You all know the Simple Present Tense in English grammar. We use it to describe things we do every day. For example, "Recently, I stay at home every day." and "She eats bread for breakfast."

Remember to add an 's; when the subject is heshe or it.

Singular  /  Plural
I speak English.  /  We speak English.
You speak English.  /  You speak English.
He speaks English  /  They speak English.
She speaks English
It speaks English.

Also, "Do you speak English?" and "Does she speak English?" "No, I don't speak English." "No, she doesn't speak English."

*Exercises:
017 Eduardo's Family - Simple Present Tense
018 What's the Word? - Simple Present Tense

*Week 1 To Do List (look for yellow stars above)
  1. Make a Google account (if you don't have one)
  2. Listen to 5 or more of the trailers and clips above
  3. Do the YouTube trailer listening exercises above 
  4. Do 1 online quiz from trailers (you can choose Mission Imp. or Tomb Raider)
  5. Make a blog comment on this blog about Action-Adventure
  6. Practice typing on a PC (this is optional)
  7. Do the 2 online grammar exercises above
If you have questions, send Kevin an email message. Send mail to my Tsurumi mail account.



Student - Teacher contact will be by ..
  • this blog
  • gmail
  • university email
  • Manaba (for announcements only; please don't message me with Manaba)
We will use all of these ways. Please reply when I contact you. Always include your name in your email messages.

22 comments:

  1. I don't really like the Action-Adventure genre very much, but when I was much younger, I liked the "Rambo" series and the "Raiders of the Lost Ark" series. Now, I sometimes watch the new James Bond movies. I think Daniel Craig is the best James Bond and the equal of Sean Connery.

    One reason I don't like Action-Adventure much is because the stories tend to be very similar. Also I can't really feel attached to the characters because I don't believe in them. They are too unrealistic, especially the villains.

    From the above list, I like the trailer for "Baby Driver." That movie has a cool, new vibe. I watched the movie at home on DVD. I watched "John Wick" on Netflix recently, but I won't watch the sequels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Action-Adventure genre. I especially like the Mission Impossible series、I like to feel the thrill.
    I'm looking forward to the new work released next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very powerful and spectacular. I just get into the world of the story and get excited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the action-adventure genre. I have watched "supiderman"and "mission impossible". I liked it. The reason I like Action-Adventure is that it's interesting because it's a movement that I can't do myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so dinamic. I originally liked the action movie "Avengers" and the movie I saw today was as dinamic as it was. I want to see it again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite action movie is The Avengers. There are many protagonists in this movie, and it's full of highlights. Among the Avengers, "Iron Man" is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite action movie is the Terminator series. After all, Schwarzenegger is cool, and the enemy characters also have interesting abilities.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terumasa Yamada
    My favorite movie is Seaside Squad. I like the cute Harlequin, the crazy Joker, and the battle scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite action movie is Spider-Man. This movie is very cool because it has a very spectacular action, such as running up the ceiling or pulling a thread out of your hand.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite action movie is the Iron Man series because the scene where he makes a hero suit is very exciting. He's a hero, but I think he's very human inside. I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite movie is Morbius. This movie has a lot of action scene and very cool scene.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite movie is Spider-Man. There are two reasons. The first is that it's very cool. The second is that it is very kind. My favorite work is Toby Magwire.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favorite movie is the Marvel series. Because the movie has a cool action scene and very flashy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My favorite movie is avengers. The movie is very fantastic and exciting. The heroes are very cool. I especially like spider-man.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My favorite movie is Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
    Because both adults and children can enjoy it and it is very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My favorite movie is "John Wick" series. Because gun action is so hard.
    But I haven't seen chapter 3 yet.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The wolf of walls treat movie I have ever seen. So this join good actor and good director. Actor name is Leonardo Wilhelm DiCaprio. He is very good acting. And this move was can easily story.

    ReplyDelete
  18. l like Action-Adventure.My favorite movie is
    "Mission Impossible".Because the action is really interesting. I was surprised that all the acting such as running down from the skyscraper was without CG. Also, I like everyone's roles because they are interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't watch a lot of action movies, but I have seen Spiderman once. Like all action movies, it kept me on the edge of my seat and was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. KEISUKE KOUHATA

    My favorite movie is guardians of Galaxy.
    Because, many characters are very interesting and attractive.
    They are Galaxy heroes

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. My favorite action movie is Grand Illusion. The reason I like it is that there are so many tricks in this movie that it surprises me.

    ReplyDelete